A split had appeared in the original bridge making it unable to support the saddle. I’m lucky to have a stock of nice rosewood and I was able to match the grain of the original bridge pretty well. I cut the piece of rosewood from a slab of Brazilian that I have and started to replicate the style of the original. I made it about 1mm oversize in length and breadth which is good practice. The original bridge came off pretty cleanly. Using my trusty pin router, vertical drill and drum/disc sander I machined the item you can see here. I then glued the bridge with the aid of teflon dowels to help position it accurately.